5.11.2010

Quick and Random

1. I really REALLY don't like that I had to turn the heat back on today. It's 45 degrees here. Oh. My. Word. I would appreciate warmer weather please, after all, it is May.

2. At the risk of sounding very corny, I just love seeing my students laugh. I love watching them play a simple tag game, and run all over the place with a smile or laughing the whole time. Acting like 12 and 13 year olds should act, in my opinion. Seeing those kids enjoy their time in my class makes it worth it to me.

3. I am annoyed that NOTHING has been done to our bathroom. Do you remember what it looks like? No? Ok, let me remind you: (The tub is now completely gone, this picture was taken while Jeff was breaking the tub into a million pieces.) We're waiting (for much longer than I'd like) for a plumber to come in. If this guy doesn't hurry up and get here, I'm on to the next plumber I can find. I'm grateful that we have a second shower, but I REALLY want this bathroom fixed!

4. There are 22 days of school left. Praise the Lord!

5. Did I tell you my dad got selected to coach the first annual Up State vs Down State football all star game? If I didn't mention this, it's true! The game is Sunday, June 6th at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. He gets the best 50 high school senior football players from Up State New York, and gets to spend a week coaching them for the game against the 50 best from Down State New York. He's pretty humble, but since he's my dad I get to brag on him....he's pretty much the man when it comes to coaching football (he's the man with a lot of other things too, but we're talking football here!) I know he's excited to get to work with the kids, and I'm very excited to head to Syracuse to see the game!

6. I'm losing focus and need to go get the clothes out of the dryer, so I'll chat with you later. Thanks for reading this far! Have a great night! xxoo

No comments: