2.21.2010

wrestling weekend...

This weekend I traveled to Salem, VA for the state wrestling tournament. Jeff's team (Millbrook) was taking 7 wrestlers to compete, which is pretty good. All 7 of them made it through the first round, but then the evening session wasn't so good to them. Four of them were out of the tournament by Friday night, so we only had 3 kids left to cheer for. Tanner and Joe ended up making it all the way to the state finals! We were so excited! The other wrestler, John, ended up taking 6th, which is still impressive, if you ask me.

Unfortunately, both Tanner and Joe came up short in the finals, but they both wrestled great matches, and I am still proud of them. Did you know Jeff wrestled in the state finals in New York when he was a senior? Well, he did, and one thing he says he'll never stop replaying in his mind is that finals match. He lost that match, so he told these kids he could relate, and they are young and this is just a stepping stone to bigger and better things...I think he's right!

Anyway, it was a pretty good weekend (if you like wrestling!) I am secretly glad wrestling season is now over, it takes up so much of Jeff's time, it will be nice to have him home in the evenings and on the weekends.

Have a great week!
Here's Tanner on the podium getting his medal for 2nd place!

No comments: